CALGARY STAMPEDE 2019 COMPETITION RULES
Blue Bubble means all companies in the Blue Bubble Group including all Shareholders, Leaseholders, Franchise Holders and drivers of all associated companies
The ‘Promoter’ is Blue Bubble Alliance Limited (Blue Bubble).
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all Blue Bubble employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
- all people under the age of 18 years
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Blue Bubble Competitions conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- Participants are able to enter multiple times.
- Entry into the Competition is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules
- Entry is automatic for all completed and paid for fares in a Blue Bubble vehicle that was booked via the ihail app.
- The Competition is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Competition.
- Blue Bubble reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Competition on reasonable grounds.
- Blue Bubble reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who Blue Bubble decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Blue Bubble exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and for future Competition and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Competition can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be by random ballot of all valid entries.
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Blue Bubble. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts) the Judge will select another winner. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Blue Bubble in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize
- As the Prize includes air travel and accommodation with international domestic :
Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to
valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of
immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
- When the Travel Prize includes travel to or through the United States, it is the Winner’s responsibility when travelling into or through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure if required. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and fill in the required information. The cost of the ESTA is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest Domestic airport from which Air NZ operate for flight departure and from their nearest Domestic airport from which Air NZ operate to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
- Flight tickets will be provided and unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
- Travel dates are fixed with departure from Auckland on Monday 8th July 2019 and the Return trip departing Calgary on Sunday 14th July 2019.
- The Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals (other than Breakfast), drinks, transport (other than Calgary Airport transfers), laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on the nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
- All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
Blue Bubble’s Responsibility
- Blue Bubble reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Competition at any stage, for any reason.
- Blue Bubble takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Blue Bubble will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Competition entry or winning the prize.
- Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.